Certis Biologicals, a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of biopesticides, is seeking a senior scientist for research, development, and technical support of microbial products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all laboratory activities for analysis, identification, and characterization of fungal, bacterial, and viral strains and formulations in support of new product development and registration, pilot fermentation, manufacturing process development, and competitive benchmarking.
- PhD in Microbiology with 5 – 10 years practical experience in fermentation (liquid and/or solid phase), plant or invertebrate pathology, microbial control, or other applied subdiscipline.
- Strong interpersonal management, time management, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated communications skills (written, oral, presentations) and technical writing experience. Proficiency with MS Office software.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with current molecular biology analytical techniques, (including sample isolation and purification, PCR, gel electrophoresis, gene sequencing) in addition to classical microbiological methods such as dilution plating and use of selective media.
- Knowledge of US-EPA, FIFRA, and international guidelines and requirements regarding Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), including study protocol design and reporting. Participate in oversight of outside contractors conducting GLP studies in support of product registrations.
The ideal candidate will have leadership, adaptability, and organizational skills with potential for future advancement into positions of greater responsibility for the company’s long-term strategic growth.
Position is located at the company’s headquarters in the suburban Baltimore/Washington region.
Certis provides health benefits, a 401(k)-retirement plan with company matching contributions, and a performance-based annual bonus opportunity in addition to base salary.
Certis Biologicals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.